I'm a 70 year old woman. I have been an educator, nurse, perinatal psychotherapist, community organizer and integrative health programs and networks developer for around 40 years.
I have had the honor and privilege of studying with many beloved spiritual and psychological teachers.
I am continuously grateful and amazed at how much transformation can happen for myself and my clients and students in one lifetime. I felt called a long time ago to offer spiritual and psychological preparation to the birth community, parents, friends and families, and perinatal professionals so that the inherent wonder and joy available in birth can be honored, celebrated and supported.
Some of my experience includes experiencing: * Losses: A High Risk Pregnancy and a still birth at 20 weeks
* A Homebirth of my son
* A 40 year partnership with my beloved husband
* An MA in Transpersonal Psychology from JFK
* A maternal child public health nurse
* A student of a 2 year Cross Cultural Shamanic Training by Angeles Arrien Phd
* An Intern of Gayle Peterson PhD in Body Hypnosis for the perinatal client
* Perinatal Psychology training with Wendy McCarty PhD, Leah La Goy MFT, Sally Clark MFT, Anne Maiden Brown PhD
* A Perinatal Pscychotherapist, EMDR certified
* A Staff Educator with Marshall Rosenberg and Gil Lopez in non violent communication and mediations.
* Developer of the Contra Costa County Perinatal Depression to Wellness Network which resulted in 20, 000 women a month receiving prenatal emotional support.
* Developer of the Perinatal Integrative Health Program at Contra Costa County with education and support groups for the three major clinics.
* A Staff Educator and Consultant in stress reduction, trauma informed care, trauma treatment for the Healthy Start Staff in Richmond and Pittsburg clinics.
* Developer of the High Risk Pregnancy Stress Reduction group for Kaiser San Francisco
* Student and practioneer of Tibetan Buddhism for 20 years
* Student and practiooneer of the Cherokee Peacekeepers for 5 years * Student of zen and vipassana Buddhism for the last 30 years and so on ♥️♥️♥️.